Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Second Banner is Complete & RSC17

Happy July.  I'm still finishing up the yellows.

I made a few four patches this week.

The little 4-patch blocks make nice leaders and enders and add up quickly.  The pattern in this magazine (American Patchwork & Quilting, April 2015, is called GO FOUR IT! 2015 Quilt-Along.  Here's the corner and the first two rows.  Blocks are set on point in this quilt.  I will just be working on it now and then because I want to keep working on my Garden Party quilt.
 


Our local quilt guild is putting together blocks painted by children at the Children's Network in our county.  The children paint the blocks and we make them into banners or wall hangings to hang there.  This is the second banner that I quilted for the guild.  Another member will finish it with binding.  With a bright yellow beak on Daffy Duck and the yellow scrap border I just had to consider this some of the yellow that I worked on this week for RSC17.




This agency helps children deal with a traumatic experience.  All of the legal people, counselors, medical personal, police (if necessary) social service workers... are all involved in the initial visit. The visits are taped and properly recorded so that the child involved doesn't have to be involved in more traumatic interviews and court appearances.  Future counseling sessions also take place in these offices.

Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC17.  Come join the fun!  The linky party today is here.

grab button for SoScrappy

8 comments:

Deb A said...

What a neat quilt idea for the 4 patches! I have a bunch collecting... might have to play with them on point. Love the duck bill in that hanging. Sure to bring a smile to whomever sees it.

Monica said...

I really like this quilt. And Garden Party is awesome too! You are spoiled for choice. :D

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

What a great way to use your skills to make the world a little better. Love that Daffy Duck that was painted. Your garden party is coming along very nicely. It's a great way to use up those scraps. Have a great day! --Andrea

scraphappy said...

Your four patches look great. Excellent progress on the quilted banners too. Sounds like a worthy cause.

PaulaB quilts said...

Daffy is just the cutest guy, so right for the kids. The scrappy quilt on point is very colorful. Keep up the good work!,

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely LOVE how your Go FOUR It quilt is coming along!! I'm more than a bit jealous. Now, I want one of my own!!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Cute idea for the four patch blocks. The banners are so cheery. What a comforting gift for someone who has undergone trauma.

Susan said...

I like that Go Four it!