Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I'm joining a QA!!!

I've put it off long enough!  I can't stand it anymore.  It's time for me to join a new QA!!!  Let's play with those strings!

Amanda Jean at crazy mom quilts is hosting a June Quilt QA.  The quilt we are making is from her book, No Scrap Left Behind: 16 Quilt Projects that Celebrate Scraps of All Sizes. 

This week we are to select our color scheme and dig through our strings.  I've been saving this church bulletin for a while now because I LOVED the colors.  This is the inspiration I will be using to pick my fabrics.


Can't wait to root through those strings later this week!  The quilt in her book measures 85" square.  I think I'll go for that size.  I need to figure out what fabric I have enough of for my background fabric.  Of course I'm going to try to make it so that I don't have to buy any fabric!  Use up those scraps!  I know I have a yellow dot I'd love to use.  I have to check out to see how much I have.  It might have to be a border or something if I don't have enough.  I know it will end up in this quilt though.

I'll be sharing my progress in Instagram (Snider9505) using the hashtag #JunequiltQAL.  Come join me!!!

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck with your fabric options! I'm thinking of joining in Amanda's QAL, but haven't been home to check the stash. Soon...

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like fun. I like your inspiration.

Susan said...

Fun! Those are great colors together. Thanks for alerting me to the QA!