Saturday, May 6, 2017

Scrappy Saturday with RSC17 -- Green

Welcome May.  Green scraps are abundant here.  The scraps I have the most of are green and blue, so I expect a productive month.  Here's a few plus blocks:

 
I expect the Garden Party blocks to slow down a bit until school is out for summer vacation.  Here's a couple greens mixed with multi-colored fabrics.



I finished this quilt this week.  Some of the stars were given to me.  They are almost all multi-colored fabrics.  I just made enough for a crib quilt.  Look at all that GREEN in the background.  Won't be long until all the trees are full of leaves here in Ohio.



I'm linking up at Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for the RSC17.  Check out all the fun and inspiring projects happening in the RSC17, (Rainbow Scrap Challenge, 2017).

grab button for SoScrappy

12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The greens are so pretty for May.

Deb A said...

I need to dig and find my green scraps - I know they are the second biggest pile so there should be lots. Your star quilt is so pretty hanging with all those glorious greens of nature.

Nell's Quilts said...

Those garden party blocks are just popping up all over. Great green pluses. Lovely scrap jar stars quilt.

PaulaB quilts said...

Congrats on a sweet finish. You look like you are ready to really get going on the greens. Have a fun week!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That a lot of good green! :LOVE that green grass - oh my!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The pluses is are so much retty in green! And I love your finished star quilt, too! Isn't it great to finally have leaves on the trees? It always seems like a long wait here in Colorado, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Well, it seems I can't type this afternoon! I meant that your pluses are so "pretty" in green!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm loving those GREEN Plus blocks!! One of my favorite colors combined with a block that I am ready to try.

Susan said...

Ah, greens! My favorites and yours look superb!

Cathy Tomm said...

Green will be a good month to work on scraps. Your blocks are great.

Kate said...

Your plus blocks turned out beautifully. Congrats on the star quilt finish. It's perfectly scrappy!

Cathy said...

Congrats on a finish. And I spy some frogs in those plus blocks. Cute!