Saturday, March 18, 2017

Pat Sloan Winter Solstice Challenge & RSC17

This week I played with more red scraps like the others in the RSC17.  You can find out what the RSC group is doing on Angela's blog, SoScrappy at Scrap Happy Saturday.  I made some plus blocks:
 
I got a HUGE head start on hunting, gathering, cutting, and sewing strips together for my NEW project.  Yes, I said it.  I'm finally starting a new project.  It's Bonnie Hunter's Garden Party pattern from her newest book, Addicted to Scraps.
 

I completed block #13of 25 of Pat Sloan's Solstice Challenge this week.  It is called Studio Time.  I'm linking here.  Whohoo.  This means we're half way through the solstice!  I found a fun red print too!
 

I'm caught up on the Pat Sloan Winter Solstice Challenge.  Here is block #11 of 25.  It is called Jacob's Ladder.  It measures 18.5" square (18" finished in the quilt.)

 
SoScrappy

12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those reds are so pretty.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great reds - enjoy the beginning of a new project!

Cathy said...

What fun blocks! I really like that Solstice Challenge block. Simple but cute. You apparently have the same (Rowenta) iron that I do. Do you hate the behemoth as much as I do?

Cathy said...

Lots of red goodness! I think BH's Garden Party was published in a magazine too...I think I have it bookmarked in "the pile".

Ivani said...

Great red blocks Kathy! I am playing with my scraps and also making Garden Party blocks. Happy Worldwide Quilting Day!

Nell's Quilts said...

Beautiful reds and some fun blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have fun with your NEW project and nice job on RED for the RSC, too!!

a good yarn said...

They look terrific and I like the fabrics you have used.

gayle said...

Oh, enjoy garden party! It's a ton of fun to sew!
I love all your pretty red projects!

Kate said...

Lots of beautiful red blocks this week. Looking forward to seeing all your Garden Party blocks, Bonnie Hunter quilts are always lots of fun.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great red blocks. Love the Garden Party quilt so looking forward to seeing your's.

Katie Z. said...

How I love Garden Party! I'm making a smaller version this year, but I may need to revisit in the original size!