Wednesday, January 18, 2017

WIP Wednesday 1.18.17

Here's what was accomplished this week:

I still haven't started any new projects this year.  I know... I'm shocked myself!  Lorna's QA is tempting me and calling my name.  I'm holding back (for now...) even though I printed the cute stocking pattern and put it in a binder...

I finished Stars Stripes & Other Things quilt.  You can read about it here.



I completed the block for the week (4/25) for Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice QA.



Some of my sewing never gets a photo.  But it happens a lot.  Here's a picture of three things that needed repaired/hemmed/altered in some way...bottoms:



I finished all the hand stitching on my Candy Cane mini.  Now for some simple machine quilting.



After making a purple Soul Searching block that I can't show because Julianne from Quilting with Calicos and I are swapping QUILT TOPS soon! I made some plus blocks with left over 2.5" strips for the RSC17.



I finished this little top.  My neighbor gave me a kit:



On Monday I started Moving It Forward Monday --moving things forward on this project and made a building... no roof, no sides, no chimney...



But my moving it forward I just kept going on Tuesday.  You see, the building above was keeping me from putting all these blocks together.  Now about 1/3 of the quilt top is done!




2017 Finishes (listed by date)! 
1.  01.07.17  Country Roads, Humble Quilts Mystery 2015 here.
2.  01.13.17  Stars Stripes & Other Things quilt here.




2017 New Projects...
ZERO!

Current WIPS -- 89
WIPS Completed 2017:  2
WIPS Remaining:          89


Linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Be Social Speaking of Lorna... Holy Cow -- Her quilt along starting next week looks amazing.  Add a couple of WIPS to my list.  I'm not going to be able to pass up her beautiful FREE patterns for the sew along!
Sew Fresh Quilts

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on making progress on a number of project. Kudos on NOT staring anything NEW!!! I'm working on UFOs this year, too.

Margaret said...

I really like your stars and stripes quilt!

Chantal said...

You are starting the new year like a lion. Already two projects done! WOW! Congratulations! Love the building quilt. Good job on your goal of not starting anything new. ;^)

Needled Mom said...

You've really gotten a lot accomplished this month. That mending sewing is always so boring!