Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Finish #1 for 2017 -- Country Roads, Humble Quilts Mystery

With 85 WIPS to choose from, I thought I would start small so that I could feel accomplished with a finish on the first Friday of 2017.  This little quilt is called Country Roads which was a Mystery by Lori at Humble Quilts.

I finished the little quilt top on 10.25.15.  I had forgotten about it because it was so small and filed away in the "Kathy's quilts to be quilted" tub in the longarm room.  Taking a better inventory of my quilts on my WIP list helped me find it.

I love it!  I quilted it with very dense straight line quilting.  I can't stop feeling it!  I love the texture.  It lays so flat on the table.  The texture is perfect for a wall hanging or table topper. 
It measures 21" x 21".


 
I backed it with a solid lilac piece that I had in the bin.  I just liked it.

 
It's time to link up those finishes for the Finish-A-Long Q1 Link-Up.  I'm linking up with Rhonda's Quilt Ramblings here. for the Q1 finish.  You can see my original 2017 Goal Setting post here.

Back then, this quilt was just a little quilt top awaiting a back, quilting, and binding.

shecanquilt
 
Linking up with Sarah Craig for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
 
 
I'm also linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.  This is for Finish It Up Friday!
 
 

6 comments:

patty a. said...

It always feels good to get that first finish under the belt! Now only 84 to go! Oh my!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful. The quilting is so pretty.

Vera said...

Congrats on your finish! Nice texture!

travelinsewl said...

Small? It's lovely.

Michele said...

Nicely done. Maybe continue finishing the small pieces for a while so you can cross a bunch off the list?

felicity said...

Wonderful finish! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts.