Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WIP Wednesday 8.10.16

Still cruising right along in the quilting world here!  Here's what happened this week:

I finished the quilting on these two charity quilts.  It's a cute mother/daughter set.
 
My little helper was happy to help me sort fabrics again.  He LOVES to do this.  Today he sorted almost all of the "neutrals" into four categories:  Tone on tone, black/white, small pieces, and other.
 
 
I made only one D9P for the block exchange for my local quilt guild.  This year we are swapping disappearing 9-patch blocks in the color of each person's choice.
 
I finished this gorgeous block for my first quilt with actual hand applique.  I love it.
 
 
 
I started the next block and take it with me in my to-go bag.  LOVE the colors on this block!
 
 
I finished this pattern I tested this adorable GO! Qube (by Accuquilt) pattern for Bea who blogs at Beaquilter.  The adorable quilt is called Flowing in the Breeze.  It measures 40" x 48".
 
I hung up the letter "K" I won from Bea's blog and filled it with longarm thread.  It's fun!
 
 
Linking up with Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication.


Also linking up with SewFreshQuilts for Let's Bee Social!

Sew Fresh Quilts
 
 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Pretty finishes and in-progress work - well done! Thank you for sharing the eye candy on Midweek Makers
Susan

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I like your disappearing nine-patch. What size is the block?