Sunday, July 24, 2016

Me? Slow Stitching Sunday?


Slow Sunday Stitching


I'm finally doing it!  I am slow stitching.  This is definitely something new to me.  I've wanted to do this for a while, but it just didn't work out.  But here I am!  I'm linking up to Kathy's Quilts.  I've been to Kathy's Quilts (blog) many, many times.  Not only do I like her work, but sometimes I forget if my blog is titled Kathy's Quilts or Kathy's Quilting Blog.  It come up on Google all the time!

I have a little "to go" bag that I now take with me to appointments, speech therapy, long car trips...  You know... waiting places.  I got it at a garage sale for 50 cents.  I'm guessing it was a "free gift with subscription" item from American Patchwork and Quilting.  Here it is hanging next to my keys:

 
 C & T Publishing keeps sending me these super tempting e-mails.  They have been having $5 blowout sales on books.  I bought a few. Visit the site each Friday for their $5 Blowout Deals.   
 
 One of them was Welcome Home ~~ Surround Yourself with Country Warmth, by Cheryl Wall.  Cheryl got my attention with the adorable house blocks made from shirtings.  I've been dying to get into my plaid/shirtings scrap bin.  It's over full.
 
Here's the block I made for Cheryl's pattern, Welcome Home Sampler Quilt.  It's the first one in the book.  It's a step-by-step instruction.  I'll need to read a little ahead to streamline the cutting process.  See, all machine sewn so far...
 
 
But look!  I've added applique hearts.  There will be a big sunflower in that big blank space someday.

 
One hour of waiting for my service at the garage and this is my first needle turn project EVER!  Can't wait to schedule my other garage appointment to fix the air bag on my truck (that got recalled!)  LOL




9 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job Kathy! So glad you took the plunge and joined in the slow stitching. Your heart looks great.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The heart looks great and love that homespun house :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Welcome to the club! Slow stitching is a great way to relax and do while you are waiting. Nice heart!

CathieJ said...

Waiting around at appointments can be tedious unless you bring some stitching. Your piecing and applique look great. I can also say that there are a whole lot of Kathy(Cathie)s in the quilting world.

Juliann in WA said...

Well done! I like to keep my prepped appliqué near the couch for evening stitching.

Quilter Kathy said...

So happy to have you join in the fun! There are lots of Kathy/Cathy quilters...
we're like our own unique guild! Great on your first needle turn!

Julierose said...

Oh your heart came out beautifully--I am a novice needleturn person, too; it really does slow you down for sure!! LOL Love your project....hugs, Julierose

SandraC said...

Woohoo! Welcome to the applique world!!! A book that helped me a lot was "Applique the Piece o' Cake Way" by the Piece o' Cake ladies. Hope you get hooked like the rest of us!

Miaismine said...

Hello There! I love your applique! You're a smart cookie - leaving your bag by your keys. I'm gonna copy that idea! Thank you!