Sunday, June 12, 2016

Red Table Topper

Just for fun I wanted to play with my new Accuquilt signature die.  I bought this die a few months ago and hadn't used it yet.  It's Accuquilt 55356 Signature Block 4.5" Finished.  When combined with Accuquilt 55047 Quarter Square 4" Finished Triangle, I get one quarter of one of the X blocks in this quilt.  Cool, huh?



I didn't trim the corners yet.  That will happen after I quilt it.

I got the inspiration from a Moda Bake Shop recipe called Lattice and Chains, a beautiful design by Karin that blogs at Cascade Quilts.  Here's the link to the Moda Bake Shop Recipe.  The below phot was taken from Cascade Quilts blog.  Check it out! Karin has GORGEOUS stuff!



I did have to modify my 9-patch blocks to fit the x blocks.  My 9-patch is made with 2.5" squares.  The corner pieces are 2" squares, and 2" x 6.5" strips for the outside background fabric.  I think it looks fine for this table topper. 

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That looks great. It makes a wonderful large quilt too.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks. I love the scrappy reds, whites, and blues in the original pattern. Add another quilt to my list...