Friday, March 27, 2015

Urban Churn Dash QA -- A Friday Finish

Finally!  A Friday Finish!!!  It's 10:45pm, but it's still Friday.  Here's my Urban Churn Dash QA quilt.  I made it crib size at 44.5" x 55".  You can find out more about the full-sized pattern and the quilt along at Piece N Quilt here.

I'm also excited that this quilt is finished because it's #3 of my Q1 FAL goals for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  One more to finish by Monday the 31st... it's gonna be a nail biter!  You can see all of my Q1 FAL goals on this post.

 
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
 
I quilted it with Circle Lord's Egyptian Eye pattern.  LOVE this quilting and how it gives the quilt so much movement.  I even quilted it with light lilac thread on white!  Love, love, love these colors together!  A couple of them were in a little fat quarter bundle.  I added a few too.


I always wondered where I would use this purple fairy fabric that I got really, really cheap when I first started quilting.  This is the perfect backing for a baby girl quilt.

 
My little guy took this photo.  I don't think I have many quilt photos where I am actually holding the quilt.  10:45pm... It's just too dark for a nice, outdoor, clothesline photo.

 
 
I happy to finally be linking up with Richard & Tanya
for Link-a-Finish Friday!  You can see all the pretty projects here.

LAFF - Richard and Tanya Quilts 
 
I'm also linking up with Michelle at Michelle's Romantic Tangle for Let's Make Baby Quilts!


3 comments:

Julianne said...

Its perfect for my new grandaughter! Love it!

Michele said...

It is just wonderful. Nicely done.

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Fun, and I love that quilting!