Monday, December 8, 2014

Grand Illusion -- Clue #2 Progress

I'm making great progress with clue #2 for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2014.  The mystery is called Grand Illusion.  I'm linking up with Bonnie's blog, Quiltville's Quips and Snips for the Mystery Monday Link-Up.  Check out what the other quilters are doing.  Here's some pics of my progress:


 
I kinda gave myself a rule when it came to my neutral scraps.  I'm trying to use neutrals that have a print (nothing plain white or cream).  Look at this little monkey!  I had enough for two blocks.

 
Again I am trying to use Accuquilt dies as much as possible to get the most from my scraps.  I used a rectangle and a HST die (not mentioning the size... you can get that info from Bonnie Hunter.)  I don't draw any lines.  First I line up one (black) HST with the rectangle, sew and press.  Then I line up the other (pink) HST with the rectangle, sew and press.  Then I sew the blocks together.  Ta da! 
 
 
 
Grand Illusion
 
Here's where Chippy landed this morning.  It's kinda quilty because he's swinging on his candy cane from strings.  He found his little ornament friend, Snowflake.  Still havin' fun with our Elf!

4 comments:

Julianne said...

Im loving your colors girlfriend! Looking awesome! You are so much more fearless with your combos than I am ....Love yours!

ebhaloha said...

Cute monkey fabric.

Andee said...

Way to keep up with clue two, this one is time consuming! Love your elf~

Jo said...

That's a good way of doing this block. There is a lot to do