Friday, September 26, 2014

Just some Accuquilt Broken Dishes

My friend, Julianne, just had to send me a link to the Wishes Quilt Along, from the Fat Quarter Shop's Jolly Jabber.  Although I am not a huge sampler quilt person (for the most part), I LOVED the block Broken Dishes.

I've needed a reason to use my Accuquilt GO! HST 2.5" Finished Square.  I got it new this summer.  It is die # 55257.  I played with a few red/neutral scraps that were left out on the desk from another project.  I quickly (about 30 minutes) made this adorable broken dishes block.

 
After trimming just a few little snips, my block measures 9.5" (9" finished).  This will make a cute quilt with sashings in probably a 5 x 6 setting.  We'll see.  I'll have to play with some scraps as a leader/ender project in between my churn dash leader/ender project.  LOL.
 
For my notes, I used the 0.5 seam allowance setting (hit the right arrow twice).  I also set my ruler to the 2.5" line when squaring up the block.  I see this being a long-term thing.  (Just watch, I'll have a cute finished baby quilt in two weeks because these blocks are addicting.)  But it's SUPPOSED to be a leader/ender project in between other quilt blocks...

1 comment:

Julianne said...

BaaaaaaHaaaaHaaa!! Thats payback for getting me onto those Picadilly Circle blocks!