Saturday, January 11, 2014

RSC14 -- Second Scrap Saturday

It's another Saturday and this week I'm happy to report that I made four scrappy blocks in blues.  I'm loving the RSC14 because I'll never be able to use all my scraps, but at least I'm using some of them!  I don't really know the name of this block, but I really like it.  Thanks to Sophie, I learned that the name of this block is called English Wedding Ring or Crown of Thorns.  I plan on making the scrap color of the month in this block.  When the year ends, I will put those blocks together and hopefully make a quilt.



I'm linking up for the Scrap Saturday at SoScrappy  blog.  Check out how everybody else is getting the "blues" for the RSC14 this week click here.

Soscrppy

16 comments:

Michele said...

I still need to sew my blue blocks together. Hopefully before the weekend is over.

sophie said...

Your block has two names: English Wedding Ring or Crown of Thorns. What a good choice for a colorful scrappy quilt.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks, Sophie! I'll post that in my WIP list so that I can remember it.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

These blocks almost have a "vintage" feel to them. Wonderful piecing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those blocks are great for your scraps ;-)

Karen said...

I like your blue block choice. I made this block before and the quilt was awesome when finished. I look forward to seeing yours as a rainbow quilt.

Elly D said...

Beautiful blocks Kathy! They will make a gorgeous quilt. I've made this block a couple of times and they can be quite fiddly but they look amazing. :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

An easy block to get things turned around the wrong way. Yours look great! Should be a great looking quilt.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Beautiful blocks... Love all those little triangles!

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks! Excellent choice for a rainbow quilt.

scraphappy said...

What a sweet block. What is the finished size? They seem petite.

Ellen said...

I really like the block you making!

Anonymous said...

You sew some nice blue blocks. Well done.

Cathy said...

I love, love, love that block and may have to try it!

Deb A said...

Love the block you have chosen for the challenge. It is going to make a wonderful quilt. I never knew the name of that one either - thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love your block very pretty! I hope to work on mine today!